Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyer
Cowen Edwards Trial Lawyers represents car accident victims in the Fort Lauderdale area.
Our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers offer free consultations to all injured victims. Contact our offices to find out what your case may be worth and how to hold a car insurance company fully responsible for what you’ve been through.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED A LAWYER AFTER A FORT LAUDERDALE CAR ACCIDENT?
If you are seriously hurt in a car crash caused by a careless driver, you may be able to get more out of your injury claim with the help of a car accident attorney.
When you fracture a bone, endure a neck or back injury, or suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury, your medical bills may go through the roof. These extreme costs make car insurance companies nervous and they begin to look for ways to get out of helping you with your financial hardships. Having an attorney handling your case protects you from their tactics. Your lawyer fights back to make sure you receive every benefit available.
You may also need the help of a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer if you are being unfairly blamed for an accident. Car insurers like to try to shift blame from their policyholders to innocent victims so they can stick others with car repair bills and hospital invoices. Your lawyer fights back to make sure the liability stays with the at-fault driver.
Take advantage of a free consultation whenever you feel you aren’t being treated fairly after an accident you didn’t cause.
CAR ACCIDENT HAZARDS IN FORT LAUDERDALE
Florida drivers can try some crazy stunts that put a dozen other motorists in sudden jeopardy. A driver traveling 20 mph over the speed limit on I-95 could lose control and sideswipe your vehicle, sending you into the path of other cars.
A driver typing out a text while on Broward Boulevard may never see a light turn red up ahead. That driver may not look up until your SUV has been struck from behind and pushed into the car in front of you. A drunk driver or a hit-and-run driver may ram your car, leaving you wondering how to earn justice.
The Florida Highway Safety And Motor Vehicles Department (FLHSMV) tracks traffic accidents all year long across Broward County. In 2022, there were almost 40,000 car accidents recorded resulting in a tragic 266 fatalities in the county. Those figures were down slightly from 2021’s shocking statistics. For that year, there were over 41,000 vehicle accidents documented, leading to at least 280 deaths.
These cases of careless and reckless driving can leave you or a family member with traumatic and life-threatening injuries. You may face weeks or months in the hospital and face a stack of medical bills all while you are unable to earn a paycheck. A Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer stands up for you while you are in recovery and demands full support for you and your family.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A FLORIDA CAR COLLISION?
Your lawyer with Cowen Edwards will be fully investigating the facts of your case so a car insurance company can’t attempt to shift blame for the accident.
You can also help build your case by taking action in the moments right after your crash. Some of the best evidence will be found at the scene. You should try to gather this proof if your injuries will allow you to and once the accident site has been secured:
- Call 911. Allow paramedics to examine your injuries to determine if you need to go to the emergency room. Give a detailed account of what happened to the Fort Lauderdale Police or the Florida Highway Patrol. Investigators will write up an accident report that should be strong evidence in your favor.
- Take cell phone pictures. Show the damage to each vehicle. Show any visible injuries. Note if any surveillance cameras are mounted on nearby businesses or homes. Jot down the addresses.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Get driver’s licenses and insurance information from everyone involved unless an officer provides it to you. If a truck driver or a delivery driver hits you, get information about where they work.
- Talk to witnesses. Find out what they saw and find out how your lawyer can contact them.
- Alert your own insurance company. You want to tell your insurance agents what happened in case they get calls from the at-fault driver or the driver’s car insurance provider.
- Visit your doctor. Schedule an appointment with your family physician to get all injuries checked out. This includes any new pain that appeared the morning after your accident. Follow your doctor’s orders.
- Contact a Skilled Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyer. Evidence can disappear shortly after an accident and witnesses can be hard to track down. Speak to Cowen Edwards Trial Lawyers in a free consultation to find out what you’ll need to do to maximize the accident settlement check you receive.
WE SEEK FULL COMPENSATION FOR YOU AFTER A FORT LAUDERDALE COLLISION
Once your case is ready, our Fort Lauderdale attorneys file your claim with the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company. Each hospital, prescription, and physical therapy bill is submitted to the insurer, backed up with receipts and medical charts.
But those doctor bills won’t be the only things that will earn you money in an insurance check. Your attorney will be demanding compensation for several things you may not have known an at-fault driver is responsible for:
- Totals on current medical bills and estimates on the cost of care in the future.
- Long-term costs associated with a permanent physical disability.
- Pain and suffering. This includes the physical pain you endure and the emotional trauma you are put through.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Loss of consortium. Dealing with the loss of intimacy with a partner.
- Travel costs as you must find ways to get to and from doctor appointments while you’re injured.
- Money for car repairs or car replacement.
- Income and benefits you’ve lost while missing work.
Will I have to go to court to win compensation for my Fort Lauderdale car accident injury?
You probably won’t have to go to court to earn support. Something like 90% of all personal injury cases are settled before they reach trial. Insurance companies will provide you with what’s fair to avoid going before a judge and having to pay court costs.
How long do I have to file an injury claim after a Fort Lauderdale car accident?
The Florida statute of limitations on filing a car accident injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. You shouldn’t wait years to file. Evidence can be harder to find the longer you delay.
What if I can’t afford to pay for an attorney after a car accident?
You can secure powerful representation even if you aren’t left with any extra money at such a vulnerable time. Cowen Edwards Law doesn’t get paid unless we win your case for you. Then our attorney fee comes out of the settlement money insurance companies pay you.
CONTACT A FORT LAUDERDALE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
A car accident on a Fort Lauderdale street or highway can leave you feeling vulnerable and powerless. You may need major financial assistance to pay your medical bills and also your normal monthly bills before you go bankrupt. An at-fault driver’s car insurer may be telling you your injury is worth little or nothing at all in a settlement.
Allow Cowen Edwards Trial Lawyers to handle the stress and frustration of battling the car insurance companies while you use that time to focus on healing. Contact us to schedule a free consultation and tell us what happened. Let us know about your biggest hardships since the accident and then let us go to work holding an auto insurer fully liable.